Northern California Youth Correctional Center (NCYCC), San Joaquin County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Northern California Youth Correctional Center (NCYCC), San Joaquin County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR will be replacing the existing central plant boilers at NCYCC because they do not meet the current smog requirements established by the San Joaquin Regional Air Quality District. Due to the age of the boilers, a retrofit of the burner assemblies is not cost effective and the underground steam and condensate return system is beyond repair and must also be replaced. The centralized steam production system and infrastructure will be replaced with point of use boilers in six different buildings. The point of use boilers gives greater operational flexibility to the institution. The project scope includes installation of mechanical, electrical, plumbing and partial demolition of the existing heating equipment to support the installation of the new point of use heating systems. The demolition and removal of the remaining heating equipment will be accomplished with a future project. In addition, four small metal buildings on concrete slabs will be constructed to house four of the six boiler systems. Two point of use boiler systems will be constructed inside existing buildings.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3010
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15302, Class 1, 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Replacement or Reconstruction.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.