Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0071-R1, Power Pole Replacement and Mitigation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0071-R1, Power Pole Replacement and Mitigation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project is limited to preliminary remediation of unpermitted in-stream impacts which occurred in Dec. 2013-January 2014. These unpermitted impacts included constructing a new access "road" into the stream channel to reach 3 power poles, which included grading through riparian and wetland vegetation, vegetation removal, active soil erosion and sedimentation from heavy equipment, and new poles placed into the active channel with no erosion control present. The currently proposed project includes decommissioning the access road and construction of a temporary 2 foot tall, 15-18 foot long rock "ribbon" to redirect the braided channel flow upstream of the impacted area to an existing defined channel during low flow. The Permittee is currently seeking regulatory approval from other agencies for the relocation of 3,100 linear feet of power and phone lines and their associated poles out of stream channel. Continued maintenance of these poles has caused degradation of the stream channel. The final remediation of the unpermitted activities will occur through pole relocation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15321, Class 21
- Reasons for Exemption
- Actions by Regulatory Agencies to Enforce or Revoke a Lease, Permit, License, certificate, or other Entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.