Used Mattress Recovery and Recycling Plan and Budget
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Resources Recycling and Recovery, Department of (CalRecycle) (California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery)
- Document Title
- Used Mattress Recovery and Recycling Plan and Budget
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- In 2013, the Legislature enacted SB 254 (the Act; Stats. 2013, Ch. 388; Public Resources Code §§42985 - 42994) which requires the manufacturers and renovators of mattresses sold in CA to join a mattress recycling organization (MRO). The MROs must prepare and submit to CalRecycle for approval used mattresses in a manner that reduces the costs and environmental impacts of the disposal of used mattresses in CA. SB 254 imposes an assessment on mattresses sold in CA to fund the used mattress recovery and recycling program and prohibits a manufacturer, renovator, or retailer not in compliance with the chapter form selling mattresses in CA. The Mattress Recycling Council (MRC) is a non-profit MRO created pursuant to the Act, and certified by CalRecycle. Their Used Mattress Recovery and Recycling Plan and Budget, submitted July 1, 2015, is the Project under consideration.
- Contact Information
California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 341-6075
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No significant effect on the environment as they are administrative in nature and the Dept. is not issuing a permit or entitlement to carry out specific physical activities that may cause environmental impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.