Addendum to the Terra Bella Community Plan Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Setton Pistachio of Terra Bella Facility Capacity Expansion Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Tulare County
- Document Title
- Addendum to the Terra Bella Community Plan Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Setton Pistachio of Terra Bella Facility Capacity Expansion Project
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Project consists of the installation of twenty-four (24) new silos and related equipment for the processing and storage of pistachios at the existing processing facility. Each new silo holds 1.8 million pounds of product, and upon completion would increase the on-site storage capacity of the facility from 90 million to approximately 133 million pounds. The Project also includes natural gas-fired heaters and electric fans to service the new silos, two (2) receiving/pre-cleaning lines served by four ( 4) cyclones, ten (I 0) hulling units, and twelve (12) natural gas-fired dryers to expand its peaker production capability, a break room for employees, and an electrical utility room. Process water (wastewater) from current pistachio processing operations is filtered, stored in on-site ponds, and beneficially reused for irrigation of orchards. Presently, up to three (3) million gallons per day and sixty (60) million gallons per year of wastewater is applied for beneficial reuse of 483 acres. The Project will not increase the amount of wastewater processed beyond these amounts; however, the Project does include an expansion of its land application area and construction of new pipeline to irrigate a total of 892 acres of agricultural fields, an increase of 409 acres. The new irrigation pipes will run from existing water turnouts to the expanded application area and will be built within the boundaries of Setton's existing property and along public rights-of-ways. Wastewater will continue to be stored at the existing ponds, but at reduced levels, and only when the amount of water available exceeds the receiving capacity of the irrigated lands.
- Contact Information
Tulare County Resource Management Agency
5961 South Mooney Blvd
Visalia, CA 93277
Phone : (559) 624-7000
Setton Pistachio Co., Inc.
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located at 9370 Road 234, Terra Bella, California in unincorporated Tulare County, within Section 4, Township 23 South, Range 27 East, Mount Diablo Base and Meridian (MDB&M), within the Ducor U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) 7.5-minute topographic quadrangle (County APNs: 320-130-005, -009, -010, -011, -015, -024, -025 and -026; 320-356-007, -009, -010, -011, -021 , -022, -023, -024, and -025, 320-355-032).
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Tulare County Board of Supervisors
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Tulare County Resource Management Agency, 5961 S Mooney Blvd., Visalia CA 93277.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Yes (Addendum to the Terra Bella Community Plan IS/MND)
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- NOD_Addendum Terra Bella MND_Setton Pistachio Cap Expansion_ocr PDF 497 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.