Pinebrook Lake and Stream Vegetation Removal Project (LAA#1600-2015-0039-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Pinebrook Lake and Stream Vegetation Removal Project (LAA#1600-2015-0039-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project consists of the removal of downed woody debris (dead trees, brush, and limbs) from within the reservoir. At the point where Moran Creek enters into the reservoir, blackberry bushes will be trimmed back to allow for swimming. Maintenance work along the reservoir, margin will include the removal of ruderal weeds to provide access for fishing. Furthermore, dead cattails will be cut and removed off site. All material removed from the lake and stream will be moved to an offsite location and burned or hauled away. Vegetation management within the drained lake may include burning patches of weeds to determine if it would be a viable method of invasive removal. Additional work that will occur includes replenishing the sand on the lake shore park area. Approx. 8 to 10 cubic yards of sand may be used to replenish the beach area. Vegetation thinning and removal will occur annually, when the reservoir level has dropped and the work area will be dry. Equipment to complete the project may include brush cutters, weed eater, and rakes.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2950
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15304, Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.