Change in Point of Delivery of up to 3,000 Acre-feet of Kern County Water Agency's (KCWA) approved State Water Project (SWP) TAble A Water to Wetlands Water
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Change in Point of Delivery of up to 3,000 Acre-feet of Kern County Water Agency's (KCWA) approved State Water Project (SWP) TAble A Water to Wetlands Water
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Paramount Farming Company (Paramount) is a landowner who has farming operations in both KCWA and WWD's service areas. Paramount has stored up to 3,000 acre-feet of its CVP water supplies in the Kern Water Bank located in KCWA. Paramount requests the return of its stored water to WWD for its 2015-16 farming operation. Water delivery to WWD will be accomplished by in-lieu exchange. DWR Will deliver up to 3,000 acre-feet of KCWA's 2015 and/or 2016 approved SWP Table A water to WWD's turnouts in Reaches 4 to 7 of the California Aqueduct. In exchange, KCWA will retain a like amount of Paramount's CVP water previously stored in KCWA's service area.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
- Fresno Kings
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, C1; CA Water Code 1729
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing facility. Water management operation using only existing facilities for the exchange of water.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.