Snow Snake Culvert Replacement Project (LAA# 1600-2015-0102-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Snow Snake Culvert Replacement Project (LAA# 1600-2015-0102-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project consists of replacing an existing 24-inch diameter corrugated metal pipe that is 72 feet in length with a new 30-inch diameter smooth walled HDPE pipe of the same length. The original 24-inch CMP was damaged in August 2014 from a high density, short duration storm that also created a large scour bowl upslope of the culvert, and over topped the existing road. The new High Density Polyethylene HDPE culvert is designed to convey the 100-year storm even as required by the El Dorado National Forest Land and Resource Management Plan as amended by the 2004 Sierra Nevada Forest Plan Amendment Record of Decision. Additionally, rock rip rap will be placed for 12 feet downstream at a depth of 2 feet from the culvert outlet and will extend to the top of slope on both banks. At the inlet of the culvert, rock rip rap will be placed and used to fill and stabilize the existing scour hole to transition from the channel and rock lined inlet. The existing flow line of the channel will be maintained.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2950
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15302, Class 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Replacement or Reconstruction.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.