Valley South Subtransmission Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Public Utilities Commission, California (California Public Utilities Commission)
- Document Title
- Valley South Subtransmission Project
- Document Type
- FIN - Final Document
- Present Land Use
- Document Description
- FYI: Final The proposed project includes construction and operation of a new 115-kilovolt subtransmission line. Segment 1 includes a new 115-kV line extending from SCE's existing Valley Substation in the City of Menifee, south approximately 12 miles, to a tubular steel pole (TSP) on the southeast corner of Leon/Benton Road. Segment 2 involves reconductoring of an existing 115-kV line from this TSP to just west of SCE's existing Triton Substation in the City of Temecula (3.4 miles). The purpose of the Project is to provide additional capacity to serve long-term forecasted electrical demand, enhance electrical system reliability, provide greater operational flexibility, and provide safe and reliable electrical service. Construction would last approximately 16 months beginning in March 2018.
- Contact Information
California Public Utilities Commission
505 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone : (415) 703-1956
- Menifee Murrieta Temecula
- Cross Streets
- McLaughlin Rd., Matthews Rd., Grand Ave., Leon Rd., to Nicolas Rd.
- Parcel #
- State Highways
- Hwy 74, 79
- French Valley, Perris Valley, ..
- Salt, Warm Springs, Tucalota, & Santa Gertrudis Creek,
Notice of Completion
- Development Type
- Power:Other Power Type (Subtranmission Ln.)(115 kV Watts)
- Project Issues
- Aesthetic/Visual Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Biological Resources Drainage/Absorption Flood Plain/Flooding Geologic/Seismic Minerals Noise Population/Housing Balance Public Services Recreation/Parks Schools/Universities Soil Erosion/Compaction/Grading Solid Waste Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Vegetation Water Quality Water Supply Wetland/Riparian Growth Inducing Land Use Cumulative Effects
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Department of Conservation California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 8 California Energy Commission California Highway Patrol California Native American Heritage Commission California Public Utilities Commission California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Colorado River Basin Region 7 Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 Department of Water Resources Resources Agency
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.