Development and Testing of the Next Generation Residential Space Conditioning Systems for California
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Energy Commission (California Energy Commission)
- Document Title
- Development and Testing of the Next Generation Residential Space Conditioning Systems for California
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- EPRI proposes to develop and model an HVAC system designed for California's climatic conditions and design needs, in collaboration with Daikin/Goodman, the EPRI Thermal Laboratory, the WCEC, and the laboratories of the Pacific Gas and Electric Company's (PG&E) Advanced Technology Services Department. EPRI's novel approach is to evaluate several phases of prototype development at three laboratories, as well as in the field at three California locations. Combining technologies such as variable-capacity heat pumps, alternative refrigerants, and advanced fault detection and diagnostics into a single system will help California to accomplish its statutory energy goals.
- Contact Information
California Energy Commission
1516 Ninth Street, MS-48
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 327-1625
- Sacramento San Diego Whittier
- Los Angeles Sacramento San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is to test a new air conditioner system 1) in closed and controlled chambers, and 2) in the field at three test sites by replacing existing equipment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.