CAL FIRE Siskiyou Unit Headquarters Water Pipe Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- CAL FIRE Siskiyou Unit Headquarters Water Pipe Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Over the past several years the water pipe system at the SKU headquarters facility has experienced multiple water leaks from the four-inch main line as well as the small lateral supply lines. The Unit has expended a significant amount of time and money repairing the ageing system, so it was determined it would be more feasible to replace the entire system rather than continue constant repairs. The project will entail the use of a backhoe and hand crews to dig up and remove the entire water pipe system, and then replace the entire system with new pipe. The new system will be installed in the exact location of the existing system and no new or additional pipes will be installed. The water line system is located between two and four feet in depth and is positioned below a paved driveway, parking area, lawn or sidewalk. The project will entail the use of a backhoe and hand crews to excavate 400 to 500 feet of trench, which will be four to two feet in depth and two feet in width. Hand crews will be utilized to excavate the smaller trenches associated with lateral supply lines. Soil will be temporarily removed and placed on flat, paved ground or lawn directly adjacent to the excavated trench. Once pipes have been replaced, the excavated soil will be placed back into the trench, manually compacted with pavement, cement or lawn. it is anticipated the entire project will require 2 to 3 weeks to complete. No native vegetation or trees will be removed, and there are not watercourses in the project area.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15302, Class 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Replacement or Reconstruction of Existing Facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.