L:ower Rock City Steps and Split Rail Fence
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- L:ower Rock City Steps and Split Rail Fence
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Improve constructed trail facilities in the Lower Rock City Day Use Area at Mount Diablo State Park to reduce off-trail use, improve visitor safety and protect resources. Work will: -Excavate 80 post holes, approx. 8" diameter and 24" deep, install cedar posts, and backfill with soil; -Install three sections of approx. 630 feet of cedar split rail fence that parallels the downhill edge of South Gate Road that divides the day use area; -Excavate 2 to 4 cubic feet of soil to construct 35 feet of 4"x8" redwood steps (to match existing in vicinity) on section of Rock City Trail and fill in the 7 steps with 2 cubic yards of soil; -Paint a crosswalk on South Gate Road where the trail crosses to road; -Remove unstable user created paths by breaking up the existing compacted soil, filing and reshaping soil to match natural grades.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
845 Casa Grande Road
Petaluma, CA 94954
Phone : 707-769-5652 x218
- Contra Costa
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15303,15304, Class 1,3,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.