Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0291-R1, Greer-Cornaz Ditch
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0291-R1, Greer-Cornaz Ditch
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to maintenance and bank stabilization activities within the channel of Burney Creek to prevent the ditch and levee adjacent to the stream channel from breaching, being undercut, or otherwise failing. Currently, the narrow bank that separates the diversion ditch from the stream channel is experiencing bank failure and without preventative maintenance, future high flows will erode the bank and cause permanent damage to the ditch. As the diversion headworks currently exist, there is a concrete dam that spans the stream channel and backs water up to enter through a headgate into the ditch on the east bank. The ditch parallels the stream for approximately 100 yards before heading east to irrigate land north of Highway 299.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will have no significant effects on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.