Coronado Yacht Club Boat Hoist, Deck and Pile Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Coronado Yacht Club Boat Hoist, Deck and Pile Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project involves replacement of a portion of damaged deck structure and supporting piles, and re-mounting of a boat hoist, located at the Coronado Yacht Club (CYC) in the northern portion of Glorietta Bay in Coronado, CA. CYC has a 2,000-pound rated, deck-mounted hoist, which has been utilized to lift and set small sailboats into the water, and was mounted to an approximately 1,350-sq.ft. wood deck. The deck was comprised of 2-inch by 6-inch wood planks placed across 2-inch by 12-inch wood stringers and supported by 12-inch by 12-inch wood beams. The deck structure and hoist were supported over the water by five wood piles driven to the Baypoint formation material. The deck and hoist were recently damaged when the wood piles collapsed. CYC proposes to replace the five unstable, aged wood piles with five new piles. New piles, between 12 and 24 inches in diameter, will be cast in drilled hole with steel casing (CIDH). In addition, the dmaged deck wil lbe replaced in-kind, in the same location, and the hoist will be re-mounted to the deck. The equipment to remove and isntall the piles would be staged on the upland pavement next to the work site and no work would be conducted from the water. For CIDH piles, sediment pulled from steel casings would be loaded in to three semi-end dump trucks and disposed of at a certified landfill. Construction is proposed to being in late-February and be compelted by late March/early April 2015, for a total construction period fo approximately 5.5 weeks. It is anticipated that construction will occur outside the CA Least Tern nesting season.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District
Land Use Planning Department 3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 400-4765
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15302, Class 1, 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Reconstruction or Replacement of Existing Structures.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.