Pala Forcemain - Air Release and Vacuum Valve Spill Containment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Document Title
- Pala Forcemain - Air Release and Vacuum Valve Spill Containment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Eastern Municipal Water District's Pala Lift Station pumps raw sewage removal three miles through parallel 18-inch and 20-inch sewage forcemains, from south Temecula to the Temecula Valley Regional Water Reclamation Facility (TVRWRF). The parallel pipelines have twenty-two air release/vacuum valves at eleven locations. These valves are critical components designed to reduce hydraulic surges and prevent damage to pipelines. The air release/vacuum valves may malfunction by sticking open or closed when debris from sewage gets caught in the seats or mechanisms of the valve. Implementing the proposed project will ensure the system functions properly and prevent releases.
- Contact Information
Eastern Municipal Water District
2270 Trumble Road P.O. Box 8300
Perris, CA 92572-8300
Phone : (951) 928-3777 x4545
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alterations of existing sewer lines that will not result in increased capacity to the facility.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.