Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Slattington Coloma School House Roof Replacement
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Replace the failing roof on the Slattington School House within Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park to preserve the building and protect its longevity as a resource. Work will:
* Remove exisitng roof;
* Inspect skip-sheathing and rafters and replace, in-kind, if needed;
* Identify and date new skip-sheathing and rafter replacement boards prior to installation,
* Place insulation material over skip-sheathing and cover with water and vapor barrier;
* Reroof with in-kind wood shingles; and
* Repair or replace rain gutters, fascia drip edge and siding where dry rot or bird damage is evident.
Replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced and is included as "reroofing" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4, and the maintenance of historical resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.