Southern California Active Transportation Safety and Encouragement Campaign
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Southern California Association of Governments
- Document Title
- Southern California Active Transportation Safety and Encouragement Campaign
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Primary goal of this project is to reduce pedestrian and bicycle collisions, while increasing levels of walking and biking in Southern CA. The Project will complement and leverage the unprecedented level of investment that will occur in active transportation infrastructure over the next several years, as a result of the Active Transportation Program, CA Complete Streets Policy, SCAG's Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy, local plans and policies, and a growing advocacy community. Project will be designed to achieve four overarching objectives: 1) educate all roadway users on the rules of the road; 2) encourage more people to bike/walk through education; 3) increase public awareness and support for active transportation as a mode of transportation; and 4) build a regional partnership between transportation agencies, health departments, local agencies, non-profits, and private sector partners to cost effectively expand the reach of the campaign. Project would consist of three distinct activities: a Regional Advertising Campaign, a Community Outreach/Tactical Urbanism Campaign, and the development of Active Transportation Trainings and Training Toolkits. It is anticipated that the Project would be implemented in three phases beginning in Jan. 2015 and completed by June 2016.
- Contact Information
Southern California Association of Governments
818 W. 7th Street; 12th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Phone : (213) 236-1825
- Imperial Los Angeles Riverside San Bernardino Ventura
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304,15322, Class 4, 22
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor Alterations to Land. Educational or Training Programs involving No Physical Changes.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.