Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0184-R1, Jellys Ferry Road Bridge Geotechnical Drilling
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0184-R1, Jellys Ferry Road Bridge Geotechnical Drilling
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the drilling of a single geotechnical borehole in the bed of the Sacramento River at the Jellys Ferry crossing. The borehole will be drilled from a truck mounted drill rig on the existing bridge near the middle of the river. The bore will be six (6) inches in diameter with an eight (8) inch diameter outer casing. The casing will be lowered to the river bed and embedded to a depth sufficient to prevent any drilling material from escaping the outer casing. A 32/32 inch wire mesh will be used to cover the tip of the casing to prevent fish entrapment while lowing the casing to the river bed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2867
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306, Class 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- Basci data collection, research, experimental management, and resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.