Carmel Valley Regional Shaded Fuel Break
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Carmel Valley Regional Shaded Fuel Break
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project will reduce fuel loading on 103 acres of central coast chaparral along roads in the Carmel Valley and Cachagua areas of Monterey County. In addition, portions of the project area are used as access for fire suppression and emergency egress for the residents for the greater Carmel Valley and Carmel Highlands areas. The project includes paved and native surface roads. The project will reduce woody vegetation less than 12" DBH within 10 feet of a road. Vegetation will be reduced by approximately 60% within up to 100 feet of the road.
- Contact Information
Cal Fire San Benito-Monterey Unit Headquarters
2221 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 333-2600
- Other Location Info
- Aguajito, Cachagua, Carmel Views, CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15304 - Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing structures and minor alterations to land will not have a significant effect on the environment, and is exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.