Elizabeth Lake Road From MM 18.13 to MM 18.66 and San Francisquito Canyon
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Elizabeth Lake Road From MM 18.13 to MM 18.66 and San Francisquito Canyon
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project is limited to installing 1 standpipe at 11 existing culvert inlets and sediment and vegetation maintenance at 1 existing culvert inlet on San Francisquito Canyon Road from Mile Marker (MM) 4.92 to MM 6.70 (see Exhibit D1), and at each of 4 existing inlets on Elizabeth Lake Road from MM 18.13 to MM 18.66 (see Exhibit D). The proposed project is a continuation of work authorized under a previous Streambed Alteration Agreement (SAA) (SAA 1600-2013-0128-R5). The previous work was authorized under an emergency notification pursuant to a recognized public health and safety concern resulting from the Powerhouse Fire (2013). Work under previous notification was authorized at 30 culvert locations along with repair of headwalls and placement of rip-rap. The creation of the access roads was completed at all 30 locations, and no additional temporary roads, landings, or trails were authorized.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 2883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 640-1165
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Declared Emergency
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The authorized work is the minimum necessary and limited to one time vegetation and sediment clearance to install standpipe or removal of vegetation and sediment at culvert inlet to remove accumulated sediment and debris that was deposited after Dec. 31, 2013. The project is necessary to abate the threat of scour and debris flows that, if not minimized, would cause total closure, a significant loss of function, and/or human safety concerns for motorists and transportation using of Lake Elizabeth and San Franciscquito Canyon Roads. The area where the work would be occurring is in the area directly affected by the Powerhouse Fire (2013) and subject to the conditions of Governor Brown's Emergency Declaration of June 12, 2013 (attached). The work will be conducted to avoid the general nesting bird season (Feb. 1 to August 31). The applicant will be implementing erosion and sediment controls to prevent downstream sedimentation. The Applicant will have preconstruction monitoring and construction monitoring by a Dept. approved biologist to avoid and minimize temporary impacts to sensitive plants and wildlife.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.