Bank Stabilization Project at the Closed Pedley Landfill (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 6 (Ontario) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6)
- Document Title
- Bank Stabilization Project at the Closed Pedley Landfill (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project site is a landfill that has not operated since approximately 1958. In 2010, severe rain caused a portion of the North Slope along the Santa Ana river to erode, along with a portion of the landfill aside the De Anza Channel. Therefore, a permanent improvement to the landfill was proposed but, due to timing in order to obtain the appropriate permits and funding, a less permanent improvement was completed in June, 2011. Subsequently, in 2014 a spring storm caused erosion to the landfill along the Santa Ana River and the De Anza Channel.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6
78078 Country Club Drive, Suite 109
Bermuda Dunes, CA 92203
Phone : (760) 200-9174
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 1, 2, 30 Emergency Projects Existing Facilities. Replacement or Reconstruction. Minor Actions to Prevent, Minimize, Stabilize, Mitigate or Eliminate the Release or Threat of Release of Hazardous Waste or Hazardous Substances.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.