The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has amended Streambed Alteration Agreement (No. 1600-2015-0271-R5), pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 1602, to the project Applicant, LENNAR, as represented by Brian Bencz.
The project is limited to the construction of 102 single-family dwellings and associated infrastructure, which includes roadways, two 250,000-gallon water tanks with pump station, water quality treatment basins, and an emergency fire access road. In addition to this development, a 2.6-acre restoration project will be completed in Marple Canyon to restore riparian habitat. The project was amended to fully describe the installation of a gas utility line within the already defined project limits.
This is to advise that CDFW, acting as a Responsible Agency, approved the amendment described above on August 24, 2023 and has made the following determinations regarding the project pursuant to California Code of Regulations section 15096,
1. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment. This determination is limited to effects within CDFW’s permitting jurisdiction as a Responsible Agency.
2. CDFW considered the environmental impact report prepared by the Lead Agency for this project pursuant to California Code of Regulations section 15096, subdivision (f).
3. Mitigation measures were made a condition of CDFW’s approval of the project.
4. A Mitigation Reporting or Monitoring Plan was adopted by CDFW for this project.
5. A Statement of Overriding Considerations was not adopted by CDFW for this project.
6. Findings were made by CDFW pursuant to California Code of Regulations section 15091.