Gas Pipeline Section 2B1 Replacement Project (SAA# 1600-2014-0064-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Gas Pipeline Section 2B1 Replacement Project (SAA# 1600-2014-0064-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project is limited to the replacement of Section 2B1 of L-123 to ensure the safety and reliability of the existing gas transmission pipeline. In order to replace this section of pipeline, approximately 3,966-feet (0.75 mile) of 16" pipe will be installed under the existing pipeline via horizontal directional drill (HDD) to minimize impacts to the Woodcreek East Wetland Preserve. The HDD will be installed to a depth of between 78 to 120 feet beneath Pleasant Grove Creek and three unnamed tributaries to Pleasant Grove Creek, all of which are intermittent streams. A 250-foot by 150-foot staging area will be required for the northern HDD entry pit and will provide staging and operation of HDD support equipment and vehicles include a drilling rig, mud tank and pump, backhoe or excavator, forklift, bulldozer with wide boom, and various utility and crew vehicles. The northern staging area is located in annual grassland habitat with access from Nichols drive to minimize off-road travel. The southern staging area for the HDD exit point will consist of a 200-foot by 40-foot staging area, with an additional 1,1600-foot by 40-foot area located immediately south of this staging area to be used for pipe stringing and fabrication. All of the southern staging area will be contained within a paved drive way, of New Meadow Drive. Once the new pipeline is installed, it will be connected to the existing pipeline and placed in service. The old pipe will be cleaned and retired in place. Additionally, in accordance with the TD 4490S, Gas Pipeline Rights-of-Way Management Standard, vegetation within the utility right-of-way along Pleasant Grove Creek and unnamed tributary #3 will be trimmed to ensure accurate monitoring and surveying of the pipeline. Vegetation within 0 to 5 feet from the outer edge of both sides of the pipeline will be cut. Trees, woody shrubs, or woody vegetation exceeding 4 inches diameter at breast height (DBH) at maturity with trunks or main branches 5 to 10 feet from the outer edge of the pipeline must be cut and trees, woody shrubs, or woody vegetation exceeding 36 inches DBH at maturity, with trunks or main branches located 10 to 14 feet from the outer edge of the pipeline must be cut. Vegetation will be cut at ground level and stumps will remain in place.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15302,15304, Class 1,2,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will replace an existing utility system with negligible expansion of capacity and will not impact sensitive species or critical habitat.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.