Parrott-Phelan Dam Gravel Removal (SAA# 1600-2014-0052-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Parrott-Phelan Dam Gravel Removal (SAA# 1600-2014-0052-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project consists of the dredging of gravel and sand from an area above the Parrot-Phelan Dam (Dam), transporting and placing the sediment in the disposal area, which is located immediately downstream of the Dam. The sediment disposal location is outside the ordinary high water mark and in an area where natural gravel beds have been diminished. The deposited sediment is then naturally re-captured in the winter months during high flows and returned to Butte Creek.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2950
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, 15304, Class 1, 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves dredging of gravel and sediment from Butte Creek to allow for proper function of the fish screen, and fish ladder. Dredged gravel will be deposited in a spoil area authorized by all applicable state and federal agencies. The project will not affect or negatively impact a sensitive natural resource.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.