Drought Emergency Grant Funding Request for Goleta Water District
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Public Health, Department of (California Department of Public Health)
- Document Title
- Drought Emergency Grant Funding Request for Goleta Water District
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The CA Department of Public Health is a responsible agency for this project. The Department's Public Water System Drought Emergency Funding Program is providing state funds for the project. Goleta Water District proposes to remove approximately 11 feet of silt (500 cubic yards) which is currently on top of the lowest usable intake gate, Gate 5, of the Lake Cachuma intake structure. Once the silt is removed all gates will be repaired including gate guides and valve stems. Then an appendage will be attached to Gate 5 which allows for temporary piping to be connected. The temporary piping consists of two 20-inch HDPE pipelines, each approximately 3,500 feet long. The pipelines will convey water from a barge floating on the lake which consists of 7 pumps. Temporary power lines will be installed from the nearest utility power pole in addition to a standby emergency generator which will be used to power the pumps on the barge.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
1616 Capitol Avenue, MS 7418 P.O. Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Phone : (805) 879-4620
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is considered an emergency prevention measure that will prevent an imminent water outage.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.