Exploratory Test Hole Drilling Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Glenn-Colusa Irrigation District (GCID)
- Document Title
- Exploratory Test Hole Drilling Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project will involve the drilling of up to five 500-foot deep test holes for Glenn-Colusa Irrigation District. The wells will be drilled using a large truck-mounted direct rotary drilling rig equipped with a mud pump, pipe rack, and drilling fluid holding tank/shaker system. Drilling, construction and testing will occur between spring 2014 and summer 2014. Well drilling at each site would occur 24 hours a day, seven days per week for approximately one week. Additional support vehicles including a water tender, front-end loader, pipe truck, and pickup trucks will be parked on-site. The drilling rig and associated equipment will occupy an area of approximately 50 feet by 100 feet. Access for these vehicles will be directly off the adjacent canal bank maintenance road. No improvements for site access will be required. No off-site discharge of drill cuttings or fluids will occur during drilling. Drill cuttings and inert bentonite clay, produced during drilling operations, will be contained in an on-site settling pond and spread on site in an approved location upon well completion. Potential site impacts include minor disturbance of the ground surface within and adjacent to the drill location, and a temporary increase in noise levels during drilling and installation of the well.
- Contact Information
Thaddeus L. Bettner
Glenn-Colusa Irrigation District (GCID)
344 E. Laurel Street
Willows, CA 95988
Phone : (530) 934-8881
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15303,15304,15306, Class 3,4,6
- Reasons for Exemption
- Basic data collection, research, experimental management, and resource evaluation activities. New construction of limited small new facilities; installation of small new equipment and facilities in small structures; and conversion of the use of small existing structures. Minor alterations of land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.