Directed Research Tagging Study of Junvenile White Sharks, Carcharodon carcharias
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eastern Sierra-Inland Deserts Region (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Directed Research Tagging Study of Junvenile White Sharks, Carcharodon carcharias
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Section 2081(a) permit authorizes incidental take of white shark during the course of the tagging study subject to terms and conditions set forth in the permit. The purpose of this study is to determine essential habitat and forage resources for juvenile white sharks in their nursery area, evaluate potential threats to juvenile white sharks in their nursery area; determine survivial rate and rate of recruitment from juvenile to adult white sharks, and determine juvenile white shark seasonal migratory cycle. White sharks will be located using an airplane and spotter pilot and captured using a commercial purse seine vessel.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Eastern Sierra-Inlan
Marin Region 4665 Lampson Avenue, Suite C
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Phone : (562) 342-7111
- Other Location Info
- Nearshore ocean waters of the Southern California Bight (Point Conception to the U.S./Mexico border).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306, 15307 - Class 6, 7
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves research and thecollection of information pertaining to white shark, Carcharodon carcharias, a candidate species for listing as threatened or endangered, but will not result in a serious or major disturbance to white shark.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.