Lakeview Pipeline/Inland Feeder Intertie Connection
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Lakeview Pipeline/Inland Feeder Intertie Connection
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project consists of: 1) construction of an intertie from the Inland Feeder to the Lakeview Pipeline at the PC-1 Pressure Control Structure; 2) installation of a surge protection system at the Perris Pumpback Facility; 3) and, fabrication and storage of approximately 5,280 feet of 114-inch steel diameter pipe liner. The intertie connection includes construction of approximately 450 linear feet of piping and concrete valve vaults, valves, and modification to the electrical system. The surge protection system construction includes installation of a surge tank, air receiver and compressor, piping, valves, meters, and modification to the electrical system. Other work associated with the intertie connection includes dewatering activities, pipeline studies (inspections, surveys); installing an inner ring at approximately 9 locations, and a bulkhead installation at EM-14.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0153
Phone : (213) 217-7902
- Perris Riverside San Jacinto
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15302,15303,15304, Class 2,3,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographic features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The proposed project consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. The proposed project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; installation of small new equipment and facilities in small structures; and the conversion of existing small structures from one use to another where only minor modifications are made in the exterior of the structure. The proposed project consists of public alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation, which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.