Special Repair/Deferred Maintenance: Boiler Replacement
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Special Repair/Deferred Maintenance: Boiler Replacement
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The DVI boiler plant is comprised of three boilers that currently operate at emission levels that exceed the emission reduction requirements of the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District (SJVAPCD) Rule 4320 Advanced Emission Reduction Options for Boilers, Steam Generators and Process Heaters. To allow the boiler plant to maintain annual permitting requirements and provide critical steam and hot water throughout the facility, CDCR will replace the three existing central boilers with one new 50,000 lb/hr 120 psi Babcock & Wilcox BPS <5 ppm Boiler that meets SJVAPCD Rule 4320. The project includes constructing a prefabricated metal building (approximately 1,800 sf.) to house the new boiler and related piping. The new boiler building will be located immediately south of the existing boiler house. The existing boiler house does not have sufficient capacity to house the new boiler, so it and the existing boiler will remain as emergency back-up only. The operation of the boiler is required to provide building comfort, heat, and hot water for inmate showers, food preparation, and many other essential functions. This project will resolve permit deficiencies and allow DVI to provide many years of continual boiler operation. This project is necessary to ensure unimpeded operation of the facility and its public safety mission.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, 15303, Class 1, 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- Restoration or rehabilitation of deteriorated or damaged structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, that involve negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. Secretary for Resources has found do not have a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.