Special Repair/Deferred Maintenance: SQSP Building 18 Roof Repair
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Special Repair/Deferred Maintenance: SQSP Building 18 Roof Repair
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR is going to replace the roof on a portion of Building 18 (also called the Records Building). The work to be performed includes demolition and disposal of the existing roof membrane and associated assemblies, and the installation of a new roofing membrane and associated assemblies. The records building is an eligible historic building, however, the existing roof material is not historic but vinyl membrane that was installed approximately 20 years ago. The entire roof of Building 18 needs to be replaced (the building is comprised of six different roofs), but for budgetary reasons only a portion of the building will be re-roofed at this time. Building 18 houses a number of mission critical functions: records storage; offices for custody and associates wardens; hearing room for Board of Parole; visiting room (including condemned legal visits); and offices for counselors, and ADA staff. This project is necessary to maintain this important state asset and to ensure unimpeded operation of the facility and its public safety mission.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- This exemption allows for the restoration of rehabilitation of deteriorated or damaged structures, facilities, or mechanical equipment to meet current standards of public health and safety, that involve negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. This is one of a class of projects that the Secretary for Resources has found do not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environment document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.