Droutht Emergency Pumping System Installation and Operations
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Droutht Emergency Pumping System Installation and Operations
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SAA # 1600-2014-0080-R5 - Maintain the water flow from Cachuma Lake to households in the Santa Barbara area. Due to three years of drought, the lake level is at 35% of normal and the water level soon will be below the functioning gates on the gravity fed intake tower. An Emergency Pumping System (EPS) is needed to allow water to be pumped from a floating platform or barge to the intake tower, and the lowest gates (gates 4 and 5) in the tower which are now covered in silt, need to be exposed. The EPS must assure a 24/7 delivery of a maxium of 45 million gallons per day (MGD) to the intake tower.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 4949 Viewridge Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 684-6281
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301(b), Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Maintenance of an existing facility of publicly owned utilities to provide drinking water.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.