Dunsmuir Fuel REduction Connection 2013-RCD
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Dunsmuir Fuel REduction Connection 2013-RCD
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project will involve vegetation removal within four separate units as a means to provide defensible space around homes, facilitate safe escape routes and develop shaded fuel breaks near the city of Dunsmuir. Treatment units will be established within the Shasta Retreat Area (19 acres), the South Hobo Camp area (16 acres), the Prospect Connector area (2 acres), and the North Power line area (21 acres) for a total of a total of 58 acres. The vegetation within the project area consist of dense to moderately dense stands for mature Douglas fir, Ponderosa pine, white fir, incense cedar, and black oak with moderate to dense amounts of brush species in the understory.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project fits within the above-listed Categorical Exemption listed in the CEQA Guidelines. CAL FIRE staff confirmed that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of Exemption for this project. The Department has concluded that no significant environmental impact would occur to aesthetics, agriculture and forestland/timberland, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology and soils, greenhouse gas emissions, hazards and hazardous materials, hydrology and water quality, land use planning, mineral resources, noise, population and housing, public services, recreation, transportation/traffic, or to utilities and service systems.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.