Johnson Canyon Restoration Project (1600-2014-0036-R2)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Johnson Canyon Restoration Project (1600-2014-0036-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project is limited to the restoration of erosion sites within the Gregory Creek watershed, a tributary to Donner Lake in the Truckee River Watershed. The watershed is steep, and underlain by fine volcanic soils which are highly erosive. Past land uses have caused significant drainage alterations and during storm events, erosion from the watershed is severe. Several headcuts have developed in the creek and tributaries, leading to even more erosion. The first phase of restoration work will take place in the eastern half of the watershed. The restoration generally consists of treating isolated drainage erosion "hot spots", decommissioning abandoned roads/trails, and replacing eroding trail segments with a sustainable alignment.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2820
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15333, Class 33
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project includes habitat restoration for water quality enhancement that will not exceed 5 acres in size. There will be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare, or threatened species or their habitat.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.