Natomas 69 Kilovolt Line Extension Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- Natomas 69 Kilovolt Line Extension Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SMUD proposes to construct and operate a new line 69 kilovolt (kV) extension line to provide safe, reliable power to a future customer owned substation at 1625 West National Drive. The proposed project consists of approximately ten wood or steel power poles, which would extend approximately 60 feet above ground, and approximately 0.50 mile of overhead conductor strung between the newly constructed poles. The new poles would be located in the existing Road Right of Way, on the north side of Arena Boulevard and the east side of Gateway Park Boulevard and would interconnect to an existing 69kV pole located north adjacent to Arena Boulevard; although, the exact poles locations are subject to change pending field verification of overhead and underground conflicts. The proposed project is scheduled for construction during summer 2014.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
6201 S Street, B203 P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-1830
Phone : (916) 732-5063
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15303, Class 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- SMUD has determined that the Natomas 69 kV Line Extension project is exempt under CEQA Guidelines § 15303, New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures. SMUD has determined that it can be seenw tih certainty that no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment. All construction activity would occur on land that does not contain sensitive species or critical habitat. Therefore, the project would trigger no related environmental impacts, as it is considered exempt in accordance with CEQA Guidelines Section 15303.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.