Hearst Beach & Castle Visitor Center Water Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Hearst Beach & Castle Visitor Center Water Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Connect the W.R. Hearst Memorial Beach water system with the Hearst Castle Visitor's Center water system to eliminate trucking water and reduce operating costs in response to drought. Work will: Repair and reuse existing abandoned 3" force main as a sleeve for the new waterline. Use a backhoe and trencher to excavate 3 temporary 4'x4'x4' pits and 3 christy box holes totaling approximately 97 cubic yards to connect lines. Install approximately 55' of new 2" HDPE water pipe inside force main and connect to existing 2" galvanized pipe. Sleeve a 70' section of waterline under the county road to make final connection. Install new valves and backflow preventers. Back fill excavated pits and holes with native soils, and restore the surface to level, pre-work conditions.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
750 Hearst Castle Rd.
San Simeon, CA 93452
Phone : (805) 927-2119
- San Luis Obispo
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15302,15304, Class 1,2,4
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project consists of the operation, repair, and maintenance, or minor alteration of existing facilities, involving no expansion of existing uses; replacement and reconstruction of existing facilities on the same site having substantially the same purpose and capacity; and minor public alterations in the conditions of land that do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.