L-050A T-313 Blow Down Removal Project (SAA# 1600-2014-0073-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- L-050A T-313 Blow Down Removal Project (SAA# 1600-2014-0073-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the removal of an outdated blow down structure attached to gas pipeline L-050A. The blow down structure must be removed to allow for pipeline inspection equipment to pass through the pipe and will also minimize the potential for gas pipeline leaks. Removal of the blow down will require excavation in the bed and bank of Shippee Creek to remove a 6-foot section of the pipe, including the blow down, the round concrete vault and manhole. Excavation will be 6-feet wide by 12-feet long and 8-feet deep(approximately 22 cubic yards of the bank and a portion of the bed). Two Baltic rush clumps will be removed and placed at the edge of the creek to keep roots wetted until they can be replanted. A clean fill sand bag cofferdam approximately 2-feet high will be installed upstream and connect to the center bridge wall to isolate the work area from any water flow (if water is present). Equipment staging and a temporary access road will be created adjacent to the highway within a 325-foot by 35-foot work space. The area is presently flat and mowed thereby requiring only minimal vegetation clearing. Upon removal of the blow down structures, the section of pipeline will be replaced and hydro tested. The bed and bank will be backfilled using the excavated material and possibly clean rock. The bank will be re-vegetated with native seed and the Baltic rush plants will be replanted.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 258-2955
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, 15302, Class 1, 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project will remove and repair a small existing public utility structure, will not expand use or negatively impact a sensitive natural resource.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.