Drought Emergency Grant Funding Request for City of Huron
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Public Health, Department of (California Department of Public Health)
- Document Title
- Drought Emergency Grant Funding Request for City of Huron
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Public Health is a responsible agency for this project. The Department's Public Water System Drought Emergency Funding Program is providing state funds for the project. The City of Huron proposes to run temporary pipeline from nearby agricultural well(s) to the treatment plant and purchase pumped groundwater. Owners of the nearby well(s) have tentatively agreed to share the well capacity with the City. The well(s) would be connected to the treatment plant via rented above-ground piping. The City is estimating 20% reduction of water usage through conservation. They would therefore need to purchase about 551 acre feet of additional supply.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
1616 Capitol Avenue, MS 7418 P.O. Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Phone : (559) 945-2241
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is considered an emergency prevention measure that will prevent an imminent water outage.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.