Van Norman Field Enhancement/Mitigation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Document Title
- Van Norman Field Enhancement/Mitigation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- LADWP proposes to modify the Van Norman Field Enhancement/Mitigation (E/M) Project by adding approximately ten acres of the Lone Pine High School Farm to the Van Norman Field E/M Project. The total acreage of the modified Van Norman Field E/M Project will be approximately 170 acres. The ten additional acres (approximate) will be irrigated pasture. The total annual water supply for the project will remain at 480 acre-feet per year, which will result in an annual water distribution within the project boundary of approximately 2.8 acre-feet per acre.
- Contact Information
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
111 North Hope Street, Room 1044
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone : (231) 367-0496
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed project is categorically exempt from environmental review pursuant to Section 15304 [Minor Alterations to Land] of the Guidelines for Implementation of the CEQA. Section 15304(e)(f) exempts minor alterations in the condition of land, water and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry and agricultural purposes. Project is categorically exempt because the conversion of 10 acres of the Van Norman Field E/M site to irrigated pasture would consist of minor alterations to the condition of land, water, and vegetation and would not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.