Amtrak Electric Vehicle (EV) Fast Charging Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- Amtrak Electric Vehicle (EV) Fast Charging Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- SMUD proposes to construct and operate an EV Charging Station in front of the Amtrak train Depot located in the City Parking Lot north of I Street and east of Interstate 5. The physical address is 401 I Street. Vehicles will access the charging station from both I street and 5th street. The proposed project consists of one Direct Current (DC) fast charger and one level 2 Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE). Additional infrastructure will be installed to support the EV Charging equipment which includes a 21KV to 480 VAC step down transformer, a 480 to 208/120 VAC step down transformer, power cabinet and switch gear. The parking lot was designed to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility requirements. The project will also include two four-inch underground conduits from the existing SMUD vault to the new parking area. All electrical conduits will be installed via trenching. The renching will occur over 2 phases, each conducted concurrently with the City's Sacramento Valley Station Phase II Improvements project. The trenching will be within the parking lot and will be 4 feet deep by 18 inches wide; the first phase will be approximately 750 feet in length and the second approximately 100 feet in length. The construction crew will follow the City's established Soil Management Plan during all of the trenching work. Once the trenching has been completed the City will resurface the parking lot.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
6201 S Street. B203 P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-1830
Phone : (916) 732-6676
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- A lead agency must identify the rationale for making the determination that a project is exempt under CEQA. SMMUD has determined that the Amtrak EV Charging Station project is exempt under CEQA Guidelines § 15304 (f), Minor Alterations to Land, "Class 4 consists of minor public or private alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry or agricultural purposes. Examples include, but are not limited to: Minor trenching and backfilling where the surface is restored" The Amtrak EV Charging Station project involves the trenching of approximately 850 feet and the installation of conduit on City property and therefore is considered exempt in accordance with CEQA Guidelines §15304 (f).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.