Three River School Assembly Area
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Three River School Assembly Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project involves the removal of the hazardous fuel load by hand crews utilizing hand tools, chainsaws, and a portable chipper around the school and the community library. The vegetation that is to be removed will consist of down tree limbs, blackberries, and various brush species. The school will serve many different functions. This is a central meeting location for many in the community. This location will be served as a shelter in place for the children during the school day during a disaster. This location will and can be used as a safe refuse during a disaster as well as evacuation center or an assembly area. Providing a fuel reduction project around this school will help to ensure the safety and the success of one of these events.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will establish a fuel break around the school and library through hand clearing. The project involves only minor alterations to the existing conditions of the land and vegetation designed to establish a more natural vegetative condition with a reduced fire risk. The project will allow safe community evacuation should fire become a threat.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.