Hexavalent Chromium Regulations DPH-11-005
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Public Health, Department of (California Department of Public Health)
- Document Title
- Hexavalent Chromium Regulations DPH-11-005
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- A drinking water standard specific to hexavalent chromium does not exist at the national or state level. Section 116365.5 of the Health and Safety Code mandates that the California Department of Public Health establish a primary drinking water standard for hexavalent chromium. The subject regulations serve two purposes as a result of legislative enactments. First is to adopt a maximum contaminant level for hexavalent chromium in drinking water, and Second, revise and augment existing regulations in a manner consistent with section 116450 of the Californi Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
1616 Capitol Avenue, MS 7418
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413
Phone : (916) 449-5600
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Adoption of the regulations is a ministerial project proposed to be carried out or approved by a public agency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.