Perris II Desalter - Relocation Feasibility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Eastern Municipal Water District
- Document Title
- Perris II Desalter - Relocation Feasibility
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- EMWD designed the Perris II Desalter to be located at the north east corner of Watson Road and Hull Road (adjacent to the existing Perris Valley Water Reclamation Facility) in the City of Perris. Recently, EMWD acquired property adjacent to the existing Perris I and Menifee Desalters, at the east end of Valley Boulevard at Murrieta Road in the City of Menifee. EMWD recognizes that having the three Desalters adjacent to each other would offer a number of synergies and advantages. The proposed study will evaluate the feasibility of sitting the Perris II Desalter on the recently acquired property. The evaluation will include; (1) identifying the synergies and cost savings of constructing and operating Desalters adjacent to each other; (2) reviewing the Value Engineering recommendations for the original Perris II Desalter design; (3) evaluating the revisions needed for proposed pipelines to convey the raw water and finished water; and (4) identifying requirements to the existing CEQA/NEPA document completed in February 2006.
- Contact Information
Eastern Municipal Water District
2270 Trumble Road P.O. Box 8300
Perris, CA 92572-8300
Phone : 951-928-3777 x.4545
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project only involves evaluating the feasibility for possible future action which the EMWD Board of Directors has not yet approved, adopted or funded. The feasibility study does not require the preparation of an EIR or negative declaration, but does require consideration of environmental factors. Therefore the project meets the criteria for a statutory exemption under Section 15262 under CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.