Moleworth Channel Vegetation Removal (Streambed Alteration Agreement #1600-2014-R2)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Moleworth Channel Vegetation Removal (Streambed Alteration Agreement #1600-2014-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consits of vegetation removal within Molesworth Channel to channel capacity in order to protect a National Register of Historic Places archaeological site from continued erosion. During rain events, water flowing through the Molesworth Channel deflects around several trees that have become established in the bed of the channel causing eddies to form. This deflection scours the bank of the channel in several locations and causes the bank to slough off leaving Native American artifacts exposed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2916
- Other Location Info
- Lower Lake
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This is a maintenance project to maintain flow capacity of the channel.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.