Temporary Emergency Permit to Transfer Hazardous Waste from Disabled Tanker Truck


SCH Number
Public Agency
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Document Title
Temporary Emergency Permit to Transfer Hazardous Waste from Disabled Tanker Truck
Document Type
NOE - Notice of Exemption

Document Description
A temporary emergency Hazardous Waste Permit (Permit) has been granted to Thermo Fluids Inc. (TFI), to transfer hazardous waste from a disabled tanker truck into another tanker truck. The permit allows for approximately 3000 gallons of used oil to be transferred from one tanker truck to another. The disabled tanker is currently parked at California Fleet Maintenance Inc. located at 2450 Whipple Rd, in Hayward, CA. The truck cannot be driven because of a cracked left rear equalizer spring and the used oil must be removed so the truck can be repaired. Once the hazardous waste is transferred, it will be transported offsite for proper disposal. TFI does not hold a hazardous waste facility permit for this activity at the location where the transfer would take place.

Contact Information
Sam Coe
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Lead/Public Agency
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826

Phone : (916) 255-3587



Notice of Exemption

Exempt Status
Emergency Project
Type, Section or Code
Reasons for Exemption
Calfironia Code of Regulations Section 66270.61, DTSC finds there to be imminent and substantial endangerment to human health and the environment. The permit is not transferable to any other party and may not be used in any other capacity by TFI. The Permit may be revoked by DTSC at any time without process if it is determined that termination is appropriate to protect human health and the environment.

Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at state.clearinghouse@opr.ca.gov or via phone at (916) 445-0613.

Download CSV New Search Print