Bethany Dams Improvement Project [California Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2015-034-03 (ITP)] Amendment 1.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Bethany Dams Improvement Project [California Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No. 2081-2015-034-03 (ITP)] Amendment 1.
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- This Project includes 1) seepage monitoring weir replacement, 2) palm tree removal at the interim plant outlet structure, and 3) drainage ditch improvements for vegetation control and seepage monitoring. The Amendment includes the following additional activities: restoring function of drainage ditches at the base of Bethany Dams 1, 2, and 3; repairing damage caused by rodent burrow holes at all five Bethany Dams, and prevention of future burrow damage. The Project will result in impacts to a total of approximately 14.50 acres of California tiger salamander (Ambystoma californiense) habit87at; the Project will permanently remove 44.41 acres of California tiger salamander upland habitat and 0.018 acres of nonbreeding wetland habitat, and temporarily impact 0.07 acres of upland grassland habitat. The Project is expected to result in incidental take of California tiger salamander, which is designated as a threatened species under CESA. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
Bay Delta Region 2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 644-2812
- Other Location Info
- The Bethany Dams Improvement Project (Project) is located approximately nine miles northwest of the City of Tracy, near the intersection of Christensen Road and Bruns Road in Alameda County.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The Negative Declaration prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW's administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2014042030_2081-2015-034-03 Bethany Dams ITP Amend No PDF 485 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.