Tesoro Storage Tank Replacement and Modification Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Document Title
- Tesoro Storage Tank Replacement and Modification Project
- Document Type
- NEG - Negative Declaration
- Present Land Use
- The Tesoro Los Angeles Refinery - Wilmington Operations property is designated heavy industrial by the City of Los Angeles and the City of Carson.
- Document Description
- Note: Extended Review per lead The Tesoro Refining & Marketing Company LLC (Tesoro) is proposing a storage tank replacement and modification project at its Los Angeles Refinery - Wilmington Operations to increase the amount of crude oil that can be stored, and to increase the efficiency of the crude oil deliveries from ships. The proposed project includes the following changes: 1) remove two existing 80,000 barrels (bbl) fixed-roof storage tanks (referred to as Tank Nos. 80035 and 80036); 2) install two new 300,000 bbl internal floating roof storage tanks (to be identified as Tank Nos. 300035 and 300036) in the same location as the tanks being removed; 3) connect one existing 80,000 bbl storage tank (Tank 80038) to the existing vapor recovery system, modify commodity type to be stored, and establish a monthly throughput limit; 4) remove the existing piping (12-inch diameter) that connects the existing tanks to the pipeline from the Marine Terminal; 5) install new, larger piping (sized up to 42-inch diameter) to connect the new tanks as well as other tanks throughout the tank farm to the pipeline from the Marine Terminal; and 6) change the permitted throughput limit for Tank 80079 from the 350,000 bbl/month to 500,000 bbl/month.
- Contact Information
South Coast Air Quality Management District
21865 E. Copley Drive
Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Phone : (909) 396-2706
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.