Bess Temporary Rock and Gravel Dam Project; Agreement No. 1600-2013-0268-R2
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Bess Temporary Rock and Gravel Dam Project; Agreement No. 1600-2013-0268-R2
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the seasonal construction and removal of a temporary rock and gravel dam within Coon Creek to facilitate the impoundment of natural stream flow and water being delivered by the Nevada Irrigation District to the Permitee. Impoundment water will be diverted from the stream channel at rates up to 1.3 cubic feet per second via an irrigation pump intake located downstream of the eastern property line. Temporary seasonal impoundment and diversion activities may occur annually from May 1 to October 31 for the life of this Agreement pursuant to existing rights on file with the California State Water Resources Control board.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2850
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, 15302, Class 1, 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is limited to the replacement or reconstruction of temporary diversion facilities that have been seasonally placed in the stream to service water rights dating back to 1951. Installation of these facilities consists of the operation repair, maintenance, and minor alteration of features involving negligible or no expansion of existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.