Amphibian Habitat Restoration in Stella Lake, Walker Basin
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Amphibian Habitat Restoration in Stella Lake, Walker Basin
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Habitat restoration projects for native amphibians have been completed in three headwater lakes in the Walker Basin. A fourth lake, Stella, where restoration was previously thought infeasible, would provide enough habitat for some meta-population functioning. California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) will remove non-native brook trout from Stella Lake by gill netting. Species that will directly benefit from the project include Sierra Nevada yellow-legged frog (Rana sierra) (state listed, federal candidate), garter snakes (Thamnophis spp.) and Pacific tree frog (Hyla regilla).
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6
3602 Inland Empire Blvd., Suite C-220
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone : (760) 932-7174
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15307 - Class 7
- Reasons for Exemption
- Wildlife preservation activity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.