Proposed Plan for 'No Further Action' to Close Site UXO-0004, Former Gas Mask Training Area, Naval Base
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Proposed Plan for 'No Further Action' to Close Site UXO-0004, Former Gas Mask Training Area, Naval Base
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of the Navy (Navy) is proposing to close Munitions Response Site (MRP) Site UXO-0004 at Naval Base Ventura County (NBVC) which is located at Point Mugu. The current primary land use of he former GMTA is base personnel housing with lawns and backyards and an infrastructure which includes streets, utility corridors, playgrounds and green space landscape. The residences are slab-on-grade construction which prevents basements. A large, base administration, building is located on the western boundary of the Site, and there is a large parking lot within the Site boundary. Two vacant former security buildings are on the eastern property boundary. The Navy is in the process of transferring ownership and management of Navy housing to private entities, a process that has been mostly completed nationwide.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Cleanup Program 5796 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Phone : (714) 484-5456
- Other Location Info
- Point Mugu
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not result in a change in any of the physical conditions within the area affected by the project, including land, air, water, minerals, flora, fauna, ambient noise, and objects of historic or awsthetic significance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.