New Wair and Streamflow Gage, South Fork Rubicon River Below Robbs Peak Forebay Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Document Title
- New Wair and Streamflow Gage, South Fork Rubicon River Below Robbs Peak Forebay Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Project consists of building a new concrete weir across the South Fork Rubicon River (SFRR), downstream of an existing impoundment, Robb's Forebay; installing streamflow gaging equipment; and building a short access road. The Project is on component of the Upper American River Project (UARP) and fulfills a specific condition of the new license issued to SMUD by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) for the UARP (FERC Project No. 2101). Under the new license, SMUD is required to accurately monitor and measure stream flow releases into the SFRR to provide more favorable habitat in the downstream reaches for native species.
- Contact Information
Sacramento Municipal Utility District
6201 S Street, B203 P.O. Box 15830
Sacramento, CA 95852-1830
Phone : (530) 647-5094
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:PRC21083,21084, 15306, 15303
- Reasons for Exemption
- Categorical Exemption: Class 3, 6 A Class 6 Exemption may be for data collection, experimental management or resource evaluation activities which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource. A Class 3 exemption is for the construction of small facilities or structures. The purpose of the proposed Project is to allow SMUD to accurately monitor releases from Robbs Peak Forebay Dam into the SFRR. SMUD by building a small weir and installing necessary scientific monitoring equipment to measure stream flows. The proposed Project meets the criteria of these exemptions since it involves the installation of a small new facility (weir) and access road and the structure will support resource evaluation to improve aquatic habitat in the SFRR without serious disturbance to environmental resources in the Project Area. Following environmental review, none of the exceptions listed in Section 15300.2 of the CEQA Guidelines are applicable to the Project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.