Folsom State Prison Decommissioning of Telecommunications Site
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Folsom State Prison Decommissioning of Telecommunications Site
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR has been leasing a site at FSP to AT&T as an electronic communications site since the late 1990s. AT&T has determined the site is no longer appropriate for its operations due to technological reasons, including outdated technology, and/or for economic reasons, and will be decommissioned. Decommissioning the site will include removing radio/hardware and related support hardware; removing generator and fuel storage tanks (including drainage and disposal of fluids such as oil, fuel, anti-freeze); removing and properly disposing of all materials that may be considered hazardous, to the extent required by law; removing antennas and mounting hardware; and removing coax lines and related hardware.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2159
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301, Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves the decommissioning of an electronic communications site. This is one of a class of projects that the Secretary for Resources has found does not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document. CEQA Guidelines Sec. 15300.2(e) Exceptions does not apply as this site is not on any list pursuant to Gov. Code Sec 65962.5.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.